Re: French group separators

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 15:12:10 EDT

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > The typing habit was designed to assist typesetters in reading the
    > manuscript as they were setting type.

    Either this says that double-spacing after a sentence improves the readability
    of monospaced documents, or I misunderstand you entirely. After all, typists
    are (or were) taught to do so in all sorts of documents, including those
    like business letters that were not to be typeset.

    --
    They do not preach                              John Cowan
      that their God will rouse them                jcowan@reutershealth.com