Re: Ligatures in Turkish and Azeri, was: Accented ij ligatures

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 08:29:00 EDT

    On 12/07/2003 04:18, Michael Everson wrote:

    > At 03:25 -0700 2003-07-12, Peter Kirk wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know of a good resource on the web, or elsewhere, listing
    >> the alphabets used for different languages around the world? I know a
    >> project was attempted a few years ago at least for Europe. It would
    >> be useful to have this kind of data available somewhere even with no
    >> official status.
    >

    > http://www.evertype.com/alphabets

    Thank you, Michael. I knew you had this information, of course, as I
    helped to provide it, but I didn't know where it was now. This is of
    course restricted to Europe as you have defined it, and is not
    exhaustive for Turkey. Also it doesn't include recent Latin alphabets
    for minority languages of Azerbaijan, as used in schools to a rather
    limited extent, perhaps because I never sent you the data.

    The link to http://www.evertype.com/alphabets/azerbaijan.pdf is broken;
    and in http://www.evertype.com/alphabets/turkish.pdf the dotted capital
    I is missing, as viewed in Acrobat Reader 5.1 on Windows 2000.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com