Re: Aramaic, Samaritan, Phoenician

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@mockfont.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 23:40:50 EDT

    Michael Everson wrote:

    > Particularly as they regularly write text in both Coptic and Greek and
    > this distinction is better expressed in plain text than in the font.

    This seems to me to be a key issue: would there be a need to include
    words or passages of eany of these early Semitic scripts in Hebrew text?
    If so, they warrant separate encoding. (There is the case of the
    Tetragrammaton already mentioned, but it may be an exception.)

    Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/