Re: Karen Language Representation in Unicode

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 09:38:57 EDT

    Heather Batterham wrote on 07/20/2003 06:46:16 AM:

    > The second interest I have is in the development of word processing
    > tools that utilize the contents of unicode. I use a Macintosh with OSX
    > installed. The basic language packages are very good but they do not
    > have the Burmese script included.

    The only working font implementation for Burmese script that I know of is
    a one that we have (in beta), implemented using Graphite rendering. It's
    available at
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=GraphiteFonts

    Unfortunately, Graphite is not currently available for use on the Mac,
    though I understand significant interest has been expressed in seeing a
    Mac port. A Linux port is in progress.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485