Re: Karen Language Representation in Unicode

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 12:00:12 EDT

    On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 7:38 AM, Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

    > Heather Batterham wrote on 07/20/2003 06:46:16 AM:
    >
    >> The second interest I have is in the development of word processing
    >> tools that utilize the contents of unicode. I use a Macintosh with
    >> OSX
    >> installed. The basic language packages are very good but they do not
    >> have the Burmese script included.
    >
    > The only working font implementation for Burmese script that I know of
    > is
    > a one that we have (in beta), implemented using Graphite rendering.
    > It's
    > available at
    > http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
    > site_id=nrsi&item_id=GraphiteFonts.

    We could probably help you get it to work on Mac OS X. Meanwhile,
    Xenotype claims to have a Burmese language kit for Mac OS X
    (<http://www.xenotypetech.com/osxBurmese.html>), although nobody at
    Apple has seen it, so we can't confirm that it works as advertised.

    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com
    jhjenkins@mac.com
    http://homepage.mac.com/jhjenkins/