Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 08:20:47 EDT

    Jony Rosenne wrote on 07/23/2003 01:43:51 PM:

    > With all due respect, this kind of implementation issues is of secondary
    > importance. The task of Unicode is to get the encoding right.

    I realise that some things that may not work now can be made to work with a
    little more effort. But your comment raised a question in my mind: what
    criteria do we use to decide how to get the encoding right if not
    implementation issues involved in creating software that gives the desired
    behaviour as perceived by the user?

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485