Hebrew Vav Holam

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 15:29:12 EDT

    Problem:

    We have here one character sequence with two alternate renditions: the
    common rendition, in which they are the same, and a distinguished rendition
    which uses two separate glyphs for the separate meanings.

    On paper, which is two-dimensional, it is a Vav with a Holam point somewhere
    above it. Unicode decided that in the encoding, which is one-dimensional,
    the marks follow the base character.

    Any solution should accommodate both kinds of users and both renditions.

    Solution: Suggestions, please.

    Jony