Re: From [b-hebrew] Variant forms of vav with holem

From: Eric Muller (emuller@adobe.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 20:33:08 EDT

    Mark Davis wrote:

    >The UTC accepts and considers proposals from other parties (see
    >http://www.unicode.org/pending/proposals.html for submitting a
    >proposal for new characters). For complex matters (which this
    >definitely seems to be, based on the volumn of mail!), it is far and
    >away the best if someone can attend the appropriate UTC meeting to
    >explain the details of the proposal, with the pros and cons of
    >different approaches.

    And be aware that not every UTC member will be up to speed at all.
    Personally, I have next to zero knowledge of Hebrew, and I did not read
    the 400 messages on the subject. I am willing to learn, but it is not
    going to happen without a self-contained proposal. I would also
    appreciate if we can get pointers to background material on Biblical
    Hebrew that is readily available in the US (please make the subject line
    specific and new if you send that to unicode@unicode.org).

    Eric.