Re: Hexadecimal digits?

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 16:45:00 EST

    .
    Peter Kirk wrote,

    > Jill, I really thought this idea would excite you. Of course it would
    > have seemed more exciting if you had used a UTF-8 aware mailer (and/or
    > installed Code2000) ...

    Code2001 is a freeware font which covers Plane One.
    Code2000 isn't and doesn't.

    > ... and not one which somehow converted James' UTF-8
    > into Mojibake as above.

    This may be the fault of my ISP, the illustrious AT&T's "Webmail".
    It may not properly tag my outgoing messages as UTF-8. A colleague
    has written privately to say that it was necessary to manually set
    the character set to UTF-8 in order for my contrived example to
    display.

    Best regards,

    James Kass
    .