PUA selecting font for browser

From: Giles, Suzanne (Suzanne.Giles@bl.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 11:22:42 EST

    Hello, perhaps someone can throw some light on this for me, I've read the
    display problems page on the Unicode site but haven't spotted anything that
    can help, I've also searched the Microsoft site but again drew a blank.

    I am using Internet Explorer 5 and trying to display characters that are in
    the PUA of my font. When I select tools, internet options, fonts, I am
    presented with a drop down list for language scripts. I've set up
    appropriate fonts for the language groups that I am working with, but when I
    selected 'user defined' and then selected my font containing the PUA
    characters I don't see any of my PUA characters (only If I select Latin
    based language and 'attach' my font to that - I don't really want to do
    this)

    What does user defined mean if not PUA? Is there any way I can set the PUA
    to a specific font?

    Many thanks

    Suzanne
    I am not in control of the footer at the bottom of this message - so sorry
    if we are advertising an exhibition or something.;-)

    Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

    Adopt a Book this season ! Help the British Library conserve the world's
    knowledge. www.bl.uk/adoptabook

    The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
    privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
    intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
    postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
    copied without the sender's consent.

    author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The
    British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the
    author.