RE: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Frank Yung-Fong Tang (ytang0648@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 17:23:01 EST

    Michael Everson wrote:

    > It's better than not knowing what range the thing is in. It helps the
    > user know he has received, say, Telugu data or whatever.

    Only if the user know what Telugu may look like. How many users other
    than those sign up the Unicode malling list know the shape of more
    than 10 scripts ?

    I think the value is it show poeple it is not a "?" ASCII
    question mark itself.

    Frank Yung-Fong Tang
    Šýštém Årçhîtéçt, Iñtërnâtiônàl Dèvélôpmeñt, AOL Intèrâçtívë Sërviçes
    AIM:yungfongta   mailto:ytang0648@aol.com Tel:650-937-2913
    Yahoo! Msg: frankyungfongtan