RE: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 12:59:05 EST

    John Jenkins writes:
    > On Dec 3, 2003, at 3:53 AM, Michael Everson wrote:
    > > At 01:44 +0100 2003-12-03, Philippe Verdy wrote:
    > >> Using the official Unicode script name in English is not a problem.
    > >> But a OS vendor could as well choose to translate these names in
    > >> localized versions of this font if the OS itself is translated.
    > >
    > > At some expense. You are welcome to lobby Apple to commission a
    > > localized French version of the Last Resort Font.
    >
    > Noting, BTW, that localizing the LR font for each of the scripts for
    > which the OS itself is localized is (a) very expensive, and (b) of
    > *really* marginal utility.

    I have the same view, Michael seems to think that I will request that
    localization to Apple but that was not what I commented here and I
    won't need it (and even French users won't care about the English
    name that appears on last resort glyphs if shown at large sizes above
    66 points on MacOSX).

    << ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
    Newsletters for me
    You can use it too - and it's FREE! http://www.ellaforspam.com