Re: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 17:09:48 EST

    At 08:59 -0800 2003-12-03, D. Starner wrote:

    >I might be sympathetic if I could go to Everson Typography and buy
    >these fonts that you don't dare give away, or if you had licensed
    >them to Apple or Sun or Microsoft. But, as far as I can tell, you
    >have these fonts sitting on a backup disk in the basement. It wouldn't
    >hurt you at all to release them in some form, and it would help the
    >Cherokee (for instance) to actually use Unicode for their language.

    I've been busy, typesetting in Irish to pay the rent and trying to
    find time to do the character encoding work which is needed for so
    many scripts. It didn't occur to me that there was much of a market
    for my Gothic and Linear B fonts in the short term.

    I did provide Cherokee input Methods for OS X which is shipping the
    very nice Plantagenet Cherokee font.

    Perhaps I will do what I can to make some of the more exotic fonts
    available sooner rather than later. There's Everson Mono, of course.
    ;-)

    How much would you pay for a Linear B font, David? ;-)