Re: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Frank Yung-Fong Tang (ytang0648@aol.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 18:54:39 EST

    As I understand, SIL ALSO do a lot of Language Survey (see
    http://www.ethnologue.com/ ), Language Research (see
    http://www.sil.org/silesr/yearindex.asp?year=2003 ) and Literacy work
    for different national/international organization as services which are
    not religious-oriented (althought it could be religous motivated) tasks.

    Edward H. Trager wrote:

    > On Wednesday 2003.12.03 19:59:45 -0000, Christopher John Fynn wrote:
    > >
    > > > or donate them to a community organization
    > > > like SIL (http://www.sil.org/) or Primož Peterlin's FreeFont project
    > > > (http://www.nongnu.org/freefont/).
    > >

    > > Ed, SIL is backed by very wealthy Christian evangelists whose
    > purpose is to
    > > translate the Bible and other Christian material into every
    > language. Depending
    > > on your POV you might consider them to be a community organization"
    > or as some
    > > kind of religious imperialists.
    >
    > Thanks, Chris, I did not know that. I recently saw some good
    > publicity about the
    > author of the Gentium font who I believe works for SIL and that's
    > really all I know
    > about them.
    >

    > > - Chris

    Frank Yung-Fong Tang
    Šýštém Årçhîtéçt, Iñtërnâtiônàl Dèvélôpmeñt, AOL Intèrâçtívë Sërviçes
    AIM:yungfongta   mailto:ytang0648@aol.com Tel:650-937-2913
    Yahoo! Msg: frankyungfongtan