RE: Coloured diacritics (Was: Transcoding Tamil in the presence of markup)

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 14:35:24 EST

  • Next message: Philippe Verdy: "RE: Transcoding Tamil in the presence of markup (was Re: Coloured diacritics (Was: Transcoding Tamil in the presence of markup))"

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org]
    On Behalf
    > Of Peter Kirk

    > And what if you want to colour just the dot on i? Or just the crossbar
    > on a t?

    Use Illustrator or Photoshop or Freehand or whatever your favourite
    graphics application is.

    > A very tentative suggestion for some glue: a character which can take
    > combining marks but whose function is to throw those marks back on to
    > the preceding base character, preceding any markup.

    I see no particular value in this. The font rendering of <span>base
    diacritic</span> should be exactly the same as that for
    characteristics are the same or do not affect metrics.

    Peter

    Peter Constable
    Microsoft Windows Division