RE: Glottal stops (bis) (was RE: Missing African Latin letters (bis))

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 11:53:16 EST

    At 23:40 -0800 2003-12-08, Peter Constable wrote:
    >From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org on behalf of Michael Everson
    >
    > >>to use the kinds of uppercase
    > >>glyph models used in similar instances of after-the-fact
    > >>uppercase inventions based on IPA or other phonetic
    > >>alphabets and usages.
    > >
    >>A modified capital P would probably do.
    >
    >[??!!]
    >
    >Michael, you've seen what they are using. How will the community be
    >served when type designers start creating fonts that have a
    >cap-height glyph for 0294 supplemented by a modified capital P?

    I meant that it would do for the code charts given Ken's model. It's
    not a very satisfactory model. I think language-specific font
    requirements for Latin is generally unsatisfactory, particularly
    where minorities are concerned. But I'm not in a position to fight
    this particular battle with Ken at the moment.