XML based mapping files.

From: Gupta, Shubhagam (Shubhagam.Gupta@ca.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 17:11:35 EST

    Hello,

                I am trying to Implement Unicode Technical Report, UTR 22
    and I have a few questions about this specification. Since this
    specification is normative, XML must be the way to go when including
    local encoding to unicode mapping files in your application, this
    requires conversion of existing mapping files to XML form. Have other
    application enforced this conversion to their mapping files. Is there a
    tool which could be useful in doing the conversion or it can only be
    done manually? ICU have extensive repository of XML based mapping files,
    but does any other reference source for XML formatted mapping files or
    the alias table exists, apart from ICU. ?

    Thank you in advance.

    Regards,

    Shubhagam Gupta

    shubhagam.gupta@ca.com