Re: Qumran Greek

From: Elaine Keown (elaine_keown@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 21:03:45 EST

          Elaine in central Texas

    Hi,

    > I would guess that the first of your symbols, if
    > Greek, is a PARAGRAPHOS or a FORKED PARAGRAPHOS.
    > It's also used in Coptic.

    Yes, both of those seem to be at Qumran.
    In Coptic, do you know what period of time they are
    in?

    > The X looks like a CHI of course.

    Even though it's sort of curvy and oversized?--though
    of course you can't tell the size from this. I had
    been assuming that it was something else, since
    Emanuel Tov didn't name it as such and he mostly did Septuagint....Elaine