RE: Qumran Greek

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 20:22:45 EST

    At 00:27 +0100 2003-12-10, Philippe Verdy wrote:
    >It's exactly similar to annotating today a Han text with notes in English.
    >So I'm not sure it needs a specific encoding, as this may just be a shift
    >from one script to another.

    Of course the PARAGRAPHOS characters are to be encoded in the
    Supplemental Punctuation block where they can be used for many
    scripts. There's a FORKED PARAGRAPHOS though and a REVERSED FORKED
    PARAGRAPHOS though, which names may not be all that good if they can
    be used in a bidirectional context.

    Ken?