Re: why Aramaic now

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 17:13:58 EST

    Elaine,

    Rick and I and Ken have all explained our position already. You're
    doing nothing but stirring up a whole bunch of stuff that we aren't
    working on now, and that we aren't going to be working on soon.
    You're not asking us to deal with anything actionable, and this is
    keeping us from doing work which IS actionable and necessary. We have
    received Peter Kirk's request for review. I moved Aramaic to the SMP.
    That doesn't mean that we will ever encode it. It does mean that
    further research is required. I do not have time or resources to
    invest in the work required to handle this request right now. There
    are few others in WG2 or in the UTC who would be prepared to do so
    either. I have asked you any number of times, courteously to accept
    this. Nothing is being encoded that endangers your use of Hebrew
    transliteration which you are currently using. If some day other
    things are encoded, nothing makes you have to use them.

    Please stop pouring oil on this.