why Aramaic now

From: Elaine Keown (elaine_keown@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 16:58:41 EST

            Elaine Keown
            still in Texas

    Hi,

    The reason the Aramaic is being discussed now is that
    right now there are people who are interested in it
    inside your Unicode community.

    Right now Jewish studies and Biblical studies people
    are finally trying to convert to Unicode, fonts are
    being made, proposals written, great experts are
    looking over proposals.

    In 18 months or so, this will all be over, and we will
    go on to a different type of standard (support for
    Semitics in C/C++? a keyboard standard?...), a
    different Bible project, maybe even a different
    character set standard.....

    I don't really ever want to deal with alphabetic
    Semitic character sets again after this, and I doubt
    that anyone else does either......Elaine