Re: why Aramaic now lumpers and splitters

From: Elaine Keown (elaine_keown@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 15:29:51 EST

            Elaine Keown
            still in Texas

    Dear Michael Everson:

    > Or not. It depends what kinds of criteria we select,
    > or don't, and it's good to know that you aren't
    > prioritizing that either.

    It appears to me that script experts may resemble
    experts in dialects/languages: there are lumpers and
    splitters........

    I'm a lumper, but I am a thinking lumper....I will be
    thinking about Phoenician retrieval in early 2004....

    > could you inform Debbie Anderson of this. Samaritan
    > is likely to be actionable

    I would be happy to inform Debbie. The font for the
    Samaritan marks is still in rough draft due to what I
    did in fall.....and I had confusing email from a
    Samaritan expert I consulted that needs to be
    processed.....(re vowels not unification)

    > is clearly a different script from Hebrew.

    Different is in the eye of the beholder, I'm afraid.
    Or, if you will, in the eye of the cyber-machine....

    Elaine