RE: A proposed change of name for Latin Small Letter THwithStrikethrough

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 21:04:16 EST

    Then presumably they will use the same font (or set of fonts
    with similar representation of the character) to produce their
    dictionaries. Your argument presumes that its appearance
    as needed by the editors of one particular set of dictionaries
    is a distinction that should be significant to Unicode.
    Why should it be?

    Evidence that a character that meets my description
    for LEXICOGRAPHIC TH is used by multiple sources
    is quite clear, but a reader of a dictionary using any
    of the three glyphic variants of such a character would
    find them equally understandable, and would be under
    no expectation to find them used in other dictionaries
    by other publishers or even by the same publisher.

    Where is the evidence that would justify such a specific
    glyph as that which would fall under the name
    TH WITH STRIKETHROUGH in the BMP instead of
    it being a Private Use character?