Re: Investigating: LATIN CAPITAL LETTER J WITH DOT ABOVE

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 10:12:40 EST

    Well, in the event that Unicode ever does add DOTTED J to go with
    DOTLESS J, I sincerely hope that it does not follow the example of
    DOTTED I and DOTLESS I. It would have been better in my opinion
    to have encoded upper and lower case forms of both characters
    separate from the ordinary I. That would have placed language
    specific burdens not on the casing algorithm of Unicode but on the
    transfer of data from legacy character sets. It's probably too late
    to change this for the I, but hopefully this can be avoided for J if
    a distinct dotted J character is needed.