Re: Urdu Unicode website [Was: Novice question]

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 08:42:29 EST

    On 24/03/2004 04:00, Antoine Leca wrote:

    >Peter Constable va escriure:
    >

    >>Urdu can be written using naskh-style Arabic (supported on WinXP,
    >>Win2K...),
    >>

    >Peter,
    >
    >I do not see the connection between the OS support in Windows for a given
    >language and the traduction of a website, but while we are at this one: how
    >do you enter Urdu with Microsoft Windows 2000? I have a Spanish one with
    >SP4, IE6 SP1, Arabic script enabled. Surely something is missing, but where
    >can I find it? Should I use KLC?

    Start - Settings - Control Panel - Keyboard - Input Locales - Add, and
    select Urdu from the drop-down list. The default keyboard offered is
    "Arabic (101)". I don't know if this keyboard supports the full Urdu
    character set. (That is on Windows 2000 latest update, my menus etc are
    in English but the binary is the same for Spanish.)

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)