Re: vertical direction control

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 06:39:50 EST

    On 24/03/2004 17:40, Doug Ewell wrote:

    >Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya dot org> wrote:
    >

    >>And surely Braille could equally be considered a cipher of Latin
    >>script (although the same symbols are also used as a cipher of other
    >>scripts).
    >>

    >... which is one reason it can't be considered just a cipher of Latin.
    >
    >-Doug Ewell
    > Fullerton, California
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

    Well, we went through this one some months ago. There is a script, I've
    forgotten its name, which is used as a cipher of Latin script and with
    the same glyphs as a cipher of Hebrew script. Does that imply that this
    script is not a cipher and so separately encodable?

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)