Re: Printing and Displaying Dependent Vowels

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 12:28:00 EST

    Avarangal wrote:
    > display dependent vowels without dotted circles.
    >
    > Can any one provide information on the sequences used for
    > diplaying and printing dependent vowels as standalones.

    Microsoft's Uniscribe allows you to display a dependent vowel with the
    following sequence (to be followed precisely): U+0020 U+200D U+0Bxx. U+00A0
    does not work. Neither does U+200D.
    Also, this should be the first characters in the string passed to the
    Windows API: if there are some characters before, they will not trigger the
    special behaviour, and you will end with the circle.

    Please note that trying to display something a bit more complex, like U+0020
    U+200D U+0BC6 U+0BD7 or U+0020 U+200D U+0BBF U+0B82, will fail.

    [ I am sorry for the misleading words I had in earlier answers to others. It
    costs me some time to figure out exactly what does this tool. ]

    Hope this helps,

    Antoine