Re: What is the principle?

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 19:44:24 EST

    > Perhaps Pluto will no longer need encoding as a sign, as I gather its
    > status as a planet is now doubtful. See
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3516952.stm.

    Au contraire, astrologists are busy debating the astrological
    significance of Quaoar and Sedna:

    http://dellhoroscope.com/dellhoroscope/forum/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=858

    Not only is Pluto still important (and needing its sign for the
    charts), but its moon Chiron "rules biotechnology".

    http://www.karmastrology.com/Sedna-meaning.shtml
    http://www.karmastrology.com/quaoar.shtml

    "For astrologers this signifies that the transpersonal planets
    of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto now have a sibling transpersonal
    planet whose profound depths we can only begin to imagine.
    Quaoar...will reshape the way we think about ourselves, our spiritual
    evolution, and our place in The Universe."

    Hey, the more planets the merrier. These long period planets out
    beyond Pluto let the astrologers vamp on the rhythms of deep
    history.

    So the *real* problem for Unicode is who is inventing the
    astrological signs for Quaoar and Sedna and when will the
    character encoding proposal for them be showing up on our
    doorstep. ;-)

    --Ken