RE: Bantu click letters

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 02:30:41 CDT

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org]
    On
    > Behalf Of Michael Everson

    > Proposal to add Bantu phonetic click characters to the UCS
    > http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/n2790-clicks.pdf

    !! I had not assumed that we would encode symbols attested in single
    publications. I know there are several more idiosyncratic phonetic
    symbols out there; I had not proposed ones I know of before now as I
    expected they'd be about as well received as the two symbols created by
    Doke that I proposed last summer: the s and z with swash tail (they were
    not accepted at that time).

    Peter Constable