Re: ZWNJ in MS Access

From: Philipp Reichmuth (reichmuth@web.de)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 15:06:29 CDT

    Hi Vladimir, >May be I have overlooked a simple way to do it? Can anybody show me how to input ZWNJ in >less moves? I'm using Persian with Access and lots of ZWNJs without any problems. I'm using a custom keyboard for input, partly because the original Farsi keyboard layout was too cumbersome on my laptop, partly because I needed other Arabic characters not present on that layout. It's phonetically oriented and based on my "native" German layout. You can take a look at http://www.orientalische-kunstgeschichte.de/orientkugesch/artikel/2004/reichmuth-arabi/reichmuth-tastatur-arab.php . If there's sufficient interest, I could produce a version based on the English or, if you insist, the Russian layout. You could do that yourself as well if you want, it's written using MS Keyboard Layout Creator (http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx) and I can send you the source file, along with a tool to convert it into a Keyman source file for those of us stuck with Toolbox and similar software. Philipp