Re: not font designers?

From: Christopher Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 11:21:05 CST

    E. Keown wrote:

    > Elaine Keown
    > Seattle
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Supposedly this list has >600 people.
    >
    > Just of curiosity, how many of you are NOT font
    > designers?
    >
    > And are any of your corpus linguists, text database
    > people, or maybe database designers?
    >
    > Thanks, Elaine

    Hi Elaine

    It might be better asking who the font designers *are*.

    Unless there are a lot of lurking font designers,
    I suspect there are only a handful since there seem
    to be no more than half a dozen people who participate
    in the Unicode list who also participate in lists devoted
    to development of "Unicode" fonts (OpenType list VOLT list,
    Graphite list etc).

    I develop fonts but I've also designed and developed
    even more database and text processing applications.

    - Chris