Searching Special Characters

From: Ray Mullan (ray@mullan.net)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 01:49:01 CST

    Dear All,

    <>Is it possible to write an escape in some form or map special characters to standard Latin approximations whereby the search engine can be told to read an NCR such as &#x011F; (g-breve) as the standard latin g? I'm working on a website with english pages containing Turkish nouns and phrases but I'm concerned that browsers with conventional Western keyboards will not be able to search these terms.

    <>

    <>Any suggestions would be very welcome.

    Ray Mullan