Re: Searching Special Characters

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 08:04:04 CST

    On http://www.unicode.org/reports/, take a look at UTR 30 Character Foldings

    ‎Mark

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Ray Mullan
    To: unicode@unicode.org
    Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 23:49
    Subject: Searching Special Characters

    Dear All,
    <>Is it possible to write an escape in some form or map special characters to standard Latin approximations whereby the search engine can be told to read an NCR such as &#x011F; (g-breve) as the standard latin g? I'm working on a website with english pages containing Turkish nouns and phrases but I'm concerned that browsers with conventional Western keyboards will not be able to search these terms.

    <>
    <>Any suggestions would be very welcome.
    Ray Mullan