Re: basic-hebrew RtL-space ?

From: kefas (pmr@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 10:15:04 CST

    See inserted remarks.
    On Sunday 31 October 2004 05:05 am, you wrote:

    > If you're going to quote an rtl phrase in an ltr
    > context, you want to use an embedding. In plaintext,
    > this would mean putting an RLE (U+202B) character
    > before the phrase and a PDF (U+202C)after it.
    That is easily done by assigning the U-codes to some
    keys on the keyboard, but I dont know how to combine
    this with the pressing and releasing of CAPS.
    MSKBLC.exe , keyboard-layout-creator, does not allow
    for that.
    Is what I describe as desirable the visual input
    method? After reading about it I was not clearer.
    Why don't we leave it to the text2html software to
    enclose a group of R-letters into RLE,PDF as you
    suggest.
    Changing languages during typing should be my own
    concern.