Re: [increasingly OT--but it's Saturday night] Re: Unicode HTML, download

From: E. Keown (k_isoetc@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 23:26:26 CST

             Elaine Keown
             Seattle (only 11 hours now...)

    Dear Doug Ewell, fantasai and List:

    I will try to sort out these diverse pieces of advice.

    What's the point, really, of going far beyond, even
    beyond CSS, into XHTML, where few computational
    Hebraists have gone before?

    Sorry, but I think this stuff is the least interesting
    thing one can do on a computer....(no offense). Well,
    COBOL was my worst experience so far...

    I've partly learned CSS, I guess---elegant placement
    options!!--much better than HTML (clunky). But I
    discovered that the Web is full of bad CSS, even by
    supposed gurus, and they never tell you which
    browser/operating system/whatever their code might be
    good for.

    EK