Re: No Invisible Character - NBSP at the start of a word

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 15:00:43 CST

    Jony Rosenne wrote:

    > Ketiv and Qere, were two different words are written together, are not plain
    > text and are thus out of scope for Unicode.

    Writing them in a combined way results in some sequences of characters that are very
    problematic from a rendering perspective, but there is a long standing tradition of
    writing them in combination. Saying that people should cease writing them as they have
    been written, and write them only separately doesn't seem to me to be much of a solution.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC        tiro@tiro.com