RE: Unicode Stability (Was: Re: E0000 Language Tags for Some Obscure Languages)

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 23:48:27 CST

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org]
    On
    > Behalf Of UList@dfa-mail.com

    > But if I suggest any small *addition* to Unicode, I'm told it's this
    > radically
    > destabilizing concept that could never happen.
    >
    > Just an observation.

    This is not just an observation. It's absolute malarkey. Nobody knocked
    you for "a small addition" to Unicode. You were knocked for suggesting
    that using variation selectors for certain Serbian italic characters
    would be a trivial innovation. That was about as sensible a suggestion
    as plunking down $2.5 million on something depending on E0000 tag
    characters.

    When you come up with an idea for a small addition to Unicode that makes
    sense, I'm sure everyone will be happy to listen.

    Peter Constable