Re: Sample code for NFC and Plane 1 characters

From: Elliotte Harold (elharo@metalab.unc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 13:54:20 CST

    Mark Davis wrote:

    > On the plate for 4.1 is updating that code. Markus Scherer and Vladimir
    > Weinstein provided fixed code, but it slipped through the cracks in the
    > previous versions.

    While you're at it, is there any chance you could loosen up the
    copyright a bit? The ideal situation would be public domain. The current
    copyright notice with "All Rights Reserved" means I can learn the
    algorithms from it, but I pretty much have to reimplement them from
    scratch.

    If that was the intent, then it's The consortium's code and they can do
    what they want. However, if they expected people to actually use this,
    as I expect they might have, then a license that allows that is necessary.