Re: Encoded rendering instructions (was Unicode's Mandate)

From: Dean Snyder (dean.snyder@jhu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 14:25:06 CST

    Doug Ewell wrote at 9:17 PM on Tuesday, March 8, 2005:

    >This is impressive. It supports everything Dean had asked for
    >and much more

    No, I've asked for the archival integrity of plain text damage indicators.

    >and much
    >more (Debbie's quick summary doesn't even scratch the surface). It just
    >doesn't happen to involve new Unicode characters.

    Anyone who does digitizing of epigraphic sources is familiar with the
    various text markup schemes; but no markup addresses plain text integrity.

    Respectfully,

    Dean A. Snyder

    Assistant Research Scholar
    Manager, Digital Hammurabi Project