Re: U+0023

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 09:37:35 CST

    Jukka K. Korpela a écrit :
    On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Andrew C. West wrote:

    I also had always assumed that the second part of the Numero sign was a
    superscript "o",

    The NUMERO SIGN is defined as having the compatibility decomposition
    <compat> 004E 006F
    so it is effectively a separately coded variant of the
    two-character string "No". Superscripting is not implied, and in fact
    many glyphs for the numero sign do not have the "o" as superscript,
    though a little bit above the baseline (and underlined and in small
    size).

    Some subscribers wondered of the rule is still valid, it is very much so : http://www.dsi.univ-paris5.fr/typo.html (but the bar below tends to disappear because it is not easy to get).

    http://www.tutoweb.com/blog/index.php (lower down, with 7 comments)

    http://www.irisa.fr/faqtypo/lessons.pdf (page 10)

    Etc.

    P. A.
    (I'm travelling so I can't quote the Ramat or the Imprimerie nationale's guide)