Re: U+0023

From: John Wilcock (john@tradoc.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 07:13:51 CST

    Johannes Bergerhausen wrote:
    > Am 01.04.2005 um 13:53 schrieb John Wilcock:
    >
    >> Even today the degree sign is on French PC keyboards, the masculine
    >> ordinal is not.
    >

    > On PC, the Masculine Ordinal should be at ALT GR 0186 (source: FontBook,
    > Berlin)

    Of course. However the degree sign is directly accessible as Shift-) on
    a French keyboard, which makes it far more likely to be used than an ALT
    combination.

    >> I see N° quite literally every day in documents we receive for
    >> translation, never Nº or №.
    >

    > Even if we see something every day this will not mean that it is correct.

    I agree entirely; I was just commenting on actual usage.

    John.

    --
    -- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
    -- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr