Re: Tamil 0B83: Tamil Aytham and Devanagari VisargaL

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 16:56:31 CST

    Name. Once a character is encoded, its character name will not be changed.

    The character names are used to distinguish between characters, and do not
    always express the full meaning of each character. They are designed to be
    used programmatically, and thus must be stable.

    In some cases the original name chosen to represent the character is
    inaccurate in one way or another. Any such inaccuracies are dealt with by
    adding annotations to the character name list (which is printed in the
    Unicode Standard and provided in a machine-readable format), or by adding
    descriptive text to the standard.

    My interpretation of the above from extracted from UC's site.

    This UC rules caals for "describe exzactly what the error was and describe
    how it was wrong, describe what is the correct form, etcc. This rule does
    not indicate one can leave the erronous information quietly and secretlty.
    On the contrary it calls for exact, technical, truthfull decription of what
    the problem is and how it is now resolved.)

    Sinnathurai srivas