Re: The Unicode Standard Withdrawn

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.NMSU.Edu)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 18:01:15 CST

    Donald Z. Osborn wrote:
    > I was just remarking on another list that it was too bad there is not French
    > (and by extension other major language) translation of announcements from the
    > Consortium. How are non-English speakers to know that there's no Unicode
    > anymore? Some don't know about Version 4.1 - or the whole enterprise - and now
    > this on top of everything else!

    And it will be a costly political mistake not releasing the Klingon version of
    the withdrawal announcement. Someone will pay for that insult!

    Mark Leisher
    Computing Research Lab            All political parties die at last of
    New Mexico State University       swallowing their own lies.
    Box 30001, MSC 3CRL                  -- John Arbuthnot (1667-1735)
    Las Cruces, NM  88003