Re: Does Unicode 4.1 change NFC?

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 00:59:55 CST

    Well, I'm a software engineer, and I would just like to say that I agree with
    everything Ken has said on this thread.

    In particular, I have played around with writing code-generators, of the ilk
    which Ken mentioned in another post on this thread, and I /never/ assumed that
    all (or indeed, any) generated codepoints would be 16-bits wide. That would be
    a really dumb thing to do. Why is anyone even mentioning this as a possibility?

    Unicode should not pander to bad programmers. Just sack the lot of them, and
    then employ people who do things properly!
    Jill