Fonts, glyphs and infinite Unicode (was String name etc)

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 05:41:26 CST

    Wow!

    I did not know about that. but since you pointed it out, I looked it up. It
    seems that all about web fonts, and the definition of how it all will work, is
    described at http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-webfonts-20020802/.

    Hans: if this mechanism works, you won't need an infinite number of codepoints,
    since, if you can place your desired glyphs inside a web font with PUA
    codepoints, they will display correctly on all browsers (or at least, all
    browsers which support web fonts).

    So ... all we have to do now is wait until all browsers implement this. Hmmm.
    It's a bummer that it's not working now, but I'm happy that it might work in
    the future? Any idea how long this will take, folks? (Especially on Mozilla
    Firefox?)