Re: Transliterator

From: Markus Scherer (markus.icu@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 16:24:34 CST

    On 4/25/05, Chetan Pandey <chetanpandey@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I am trying to build a Java program that will convert Devanagari Input into
    > the English Transliteration System...

    You might be able to use ICU, which has built-in transliteration
    between all Indic scripts and Latin. If you need different rules, you
    can supply your own rule set to ICU's Transliterator API.

    Try the Transform demo on
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/chartsdemostools.jsp

    with Source 1 = Devanagari and Target 1 = Latin.

    Best regards,
    markus