Re: Dialectic for the information age (Re: what is Latn?)

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 05:44:04 CDT

    On 16/05/2005 09:07, Jon Hanna wrote:

    >>> Wouldn't you say that (Everson notwithstanding),
    >>>

    >>courtesy demands more
    >>

    >>>than
    >>>a 1-word dismissal?
    >>>

    >Given that I was replying to Jefsey Morfin and this is hence almost
    >certainly intended to be a carefully laid trap ...

    Jon, I have seen absolutely nothing on this list to suggest that Jefsey
    is laying any kind of trap, and nothing about French law or his own
    Messiah-like arrival. He has simply been putting forward some (rather
    half-baked, in my opinion) ideas for representation of numbers. Is there
    something happening which I have missed? Are you importing into this
    list a private argument or one on another list? If so, perhaps you
    should explain or keep quiet. In fact, since this seems to be a purely
    ad hominem attack, it would be best for you to keep quiet.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)