mapping files from OBSOLETE directory

From: Werner LEMBERG (wl@gnu.org)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 12:12:56 CDT

    I have a question about files available in the OBSOLETE directory on
    ftp.unicode.org.

    While the mapping data regarding CJK characters in files like
    JIS0208.TXT can be taken from Unihan.txt, it isn't possible to get the
    proper mapping values for other, non-CJK characters. Where can I find
    the canonical, official mappings? Assuming that national
    organizations like JIS or KS provide this information, wouldn't it be
    a good idea to provide those mappings from the Unicode site too?

        Werner