Re: Small capital letters

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 14:41:11 CST

    On 19 Feb 2006, at 20:25, Doug Ewell wrote:

    > Due to the increasing number of spam e-mails I'm receiving,
    > offering me so-called "smallcap" stocks, I've decided to start
    > filtering my inbox for that word electronically rather than optically.
    >
    > So, if anyone wants to write a list message concerning "small
    > capital letters" such as U+0262 (ΙΆ), please don't refer to them in
    > the Subject line as "smallcaps" or "smallcap letters." Otherwise I
    > will probably never see your message.

    I have arranged so that spam-classified email is sorted into a
    special directory "Spam" on my server. Then, from time to time, I
    activate an imap account to look into this account. By focusing on
    the subject titles, it is real easy to see what is spam or not. In
    fact I just deleted some one thousand spams, which took about ten
    minutes. This way, I do not get much spam in my daily life, but can
    also ensure that no wrongly spam-classified spam is lost. Out of some
    fifteen thousand spam-classified emails, I think less than five was
    wrongly spam-classified.

       Hans Aberg