Re: Announcement: Beta 2 of Unicode 5.0 Data Files

From: James Kass (jameskass@att.net)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 16:27:55 CST

    Rick McGowan wrote,

    > The Unicode Consortium has decided to issue Beta 2 of the Unicode
    > Character Database for Unicode 5.0. This extends the feedback period until
    > May 9, 2006.

    from: http://www.unicode.org/versions/beta.html

    "The Unicode Character Database portion is planned for
    release at the end of March 2006."

    I've been interpreting that to mean that Unicode 5.0 will
    become official at the end of March 2006 and trying to
    prepare fonts and so forth to be ready by then.

    What is the target date for Unicode 5.0 being official?

    Best regards,

    James Kass